Pasture Cropping Course
- Pasture Cropping Course
- Oct.15.2011 09.00 h - 17.00 h
- 'Winona' - Gulgong
- Pasture Cropping
Resources and further reading:
- Profitable Regenerative Agriculture - article on Col's website
- The story of Pasture Cropping at Winona - video
- Saving $50K in fertiliser annually at Winona - video
- Why Pasture Cropping is such a Big Deal - article at Milkwood.net
- Pasture Cropping website
About this course:
This course will be held on-farm at Winona, Col Seis's farm near Gulgong. As such, please wear appropriate clothing for a working farm environment. We will be spending a portion of the day outside in the field.
Registration for this workshop includes lunch, morning and afternoon tea, all made with local produce from the Mudgee region. Gulgong and Mudgee have many accommodation options - see below in the venue details if you'd like to stay the night before or after the workshop.
This course will be a jam-packed day of essential knowledge, and a chance to meet other like-minded folks from across NSW who are passionate about regenerative cropping and creating sustainable livelihoods from farming.
About the teacher:
Colin Seis and his son Nicholas own and run the 2000-acre property “Winona” which is situated North of Gulgong on the central slopes of NSW. The Seis family has been farming and grazing there since the 1860s. Winona runs around four thousand, 18.5 - micron merino sheep, which includes a 58 year old Merino Stud and “Pasture crops” around 500 acres annually to oats, wheat and cereal rye. Winona also runs one of the largest kelpie working dog studs in the world. Colin's website.
Booking into this course:
- Pay a deposit of $90 to book your place now, and pay the remainder ($260) by 1 October
Once you've booked in:
We will contact you to confirm your booking and provide any other info about this course that you might need.
'Winona' is a working farm on Merotherie Road, north of Gulgong in the central west of NSW. It is 4.5 hours drive from Sydney CBD.
Mudgee is the regional center, 20 minutes south of Gulgong. Mudgee is 4 hours drive from Sydney CBD and is serviced by an airport and trainline.
Getting there by car:
From Gulgong town center, head North on Medley Street towards Queen Street. Continue on to Barneys Reef Road. After 13.9km, veer right at Merotherie Road. Proceed 7km and look for the signs at the entrance on your left.
You can use the interactive map below to plan your trip and get directions to the venue from your point of origin.
Getting there by Plane:
Getting there by Train:
- Gulgong (40 minutes drive from venue): Gulgong is a beautiful and historic small town with many accommodation options. See the Visit Gulgong Website for details.
- Mudgee (60 minutes drive from venue): Mudgee is larger than Gulgong, and the main business center of the Mudgee valley. It has many accommodation options at the Visit Mudgee website. Mudgee is 1 hours drive from the venue.
View 'Winona', Merotherie Rd, Gulgong NSW in a larger map
EventList powered by schlu.net